Saturday, October 2, 2010

More about waterfalls

In our last lesson we talked about waterfalls. Here you have two interesting links about this subject: 

- This is a blog of a Geography teacher, Mr. Chambers, where he includes useful resources for his students. In this link you can learn how waterfalls are formed: 


- A curious video of the Devil´s Pool, in Victoria Falls, on the course of Zambezi River. People go there to take a bath on the edge of the waterfalls. This is only possible in the dry season, from September to November, when the river flow is lower. There is a natural wall below the water that protects the bathers and stops them to fall, dragged by the river current.



9 comments:

Ángel said...

Hi paqui !

In the crossword I think you have confuse because you have add the crossword of the rivers two times.

Ángel said...

And other think this video is really beatiful

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Hello Ángel. You´re right about the crossword. You could be a good detective! I stuck two times the crossword about rivers. I´ve prepared a new one for tomorrow and I´m going to send it now by mail. Anyway, you can write your answers next to the definitions on the wrong crosswords and complete the new one tomorrow.

The Devil´s Pool is a very touristic place and a very peculiar place to take a bath, very close to the falling water. Too dangerous for me ;)

Laura Meco said...

Woww! The video is incredible! It's really amazing to see the water falling down. I like it!

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Hello Laura,

If you like waterfalls, visit this link:

http://www.iguazuargentina.com/english/

The pictures are really spectacular.Enjoy!

Paqui

silvia said...

paqui se me ha puesto mal cuerpo cuando he visto el video porque estan al borde de la cascada que fuerte!!

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Silvia, please, write in English. You can erase your comment in Spanish and write the same in English. You know how to do it. Remember the verb "to get sick". I´m waiting for your comment in English ;)

Silvia said...

ok I was surprised when I saw the video because the people were very near of the waterfall.
This is my correction in English
Bye

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Well done, Silvia. You could have also said "this video has made me get sick". See you tomorrow!