Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday, 16th of october

Hello everybody!

Today in Social Sciences we've continued playing with different games.

At the beginning of the class, my group and I have played a game called "Connect with the Austrias ". It was like a trivial. The game consisted of completing a way of 20 squares. Every square had a question and when you arrived at the end of the way you had to answer one question of every section to collect all the dominoes.


Source: https://www.google.es/search?q=trivial&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=699&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI0NSD9tXEyAIVB5INCh3QwgBw#imgrc=Ye5D0cbAv8daO


I liked this game a lot because it's a normal box, but when you open it, a game appears!. I was very surprised. I liked the design and I think it's an original game, but, in my opinion the squares are too small and they haven't space to put the dominoes.

Later, we've played another game called "Duke of Alba's Castle". In this game, you had to advance square by square. There were different sections and you had to throw the die to choose one of them. Every number of the die belonged to a specific section:

- 1 belonged to Charles I section
- 2 belonged to Philip II section
- 3 belonged to Philip III section
- 4 belonged to Philip IV section
- 5 belonged to Charles II section
- 6 belonged to the Indies section

The objective of the game was to rescue the princess of Duke of Alba's Castle, and, for that you had to get right the answer and collect dominoes to rescue her.




Source:https://www.google.es/search?q=duke+of+alba&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=699&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMInY-vx9vEyAIVwxoeCh3Q7QZg#tbm=isch&q=Castillo+del+duque+de+alba&imgrc=ZrqdXBqqPK3c4M%3A

This is a real picture of the ruins of Duke of Alba's castle.


I liked this game a lot. I think it's a good idea that each number of the die belong to a different section and I also like the idea of rescue the princess. The problem is that you have to advance square by square and it's very long. In my opinion the design could be better, too, but the dominoes were very original.

We had learnt a lot in a very funny way. I think that my classmates had done a very good work with their projects.  In my opinion this class had been one of the funniest lessons and I would like to repeat it with different contents and projects.




Good bye!

2 comments:

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Hello Fátima,

Plesae, remember to sign in on Gmail to enter the blog. Here you have the corrections: erase the words in brackets and correct the highlighted ones.

One thing about the word"die". In old English they used "die", but in modern standard English the plural "dice" is both used in singular and plural. You say "roll/throw the dice". That's why I've corrected you the word "die":


Today in Social Sciences we've continued playing (with) different games.

At the beginning of the class, my group and I have played a game called "Connect with the Austrias ". It was like a trivial. The game consisted of completing a way of 20 squares. Every square had a question and when you arrived at the end of the way you had to answer one question of every section to collect all the dominoes.


Later, we've played another game called "Duke of Alba's Castle". In this game, you had to advance square by square. There were different sections and you had to throw the dice to choose one of them. Every number of the dice belonged to a specific section:

We have learnt a lot in a very funny way. I think that my classmates had done a very good work with their projects. In my opinion this class had been one of the funniestfunny lessons and I would like to repeat it with different contents and projects.


That's all. Bye!

Fátima Panadero Manzaneque said...

I've just guess how to sign in to Gmail to enter the blog, I have added the pictures you sent me and my opinion about the games. I'll correct the mistakes. Thank you! bye!